incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Becoming a mentor of an already incubating project
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:44:51 GMT
Hi,

On 9/16/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm not sure that this is right as things stand now. mentors are
> appointed by the incubator PMC. i would expect that a request by a
> podling to be approved by the incubator PMC, AIUI a vote is needed.

This was also my original reading of the Incubator policy, but there
seems to be a number of opinions on that, at least:

a) no approval required except Incubator PMC membership
b) project PPMC approval required
c) Incubator PMC approval required

> i do agree that approval from the PPMCs is the best first step.

I'll proceed with that to keep things moving and follow up with an
Incubator PMC vote if needed.

> jukka is a foundation member but not a incubator PMCer. since mentors
> need to be members of the incubator PMC, i'd recommend that jukka
> requests membership.

Already done. My request for Incubator PMC membership was accepted and
acknowledged a short while ago.

BR,

Jukka Zitting