incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduating a part of an incubating project into an existing TLP
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:52:49 GMT
Hi,

On 9/12/06, Raphaƫl Luta <raphael@apache.org> wrote:
> The original plan was to graduate Graffitto into Portals since the
> orignial submission was strongly tied to Jetspeed.
> Since then, the evolution of code and community make me feel that
> Portals would *not* be the best home for Grafitto.

The Graffito CMS framework seems quite promising, so I'm sure we can
find a good place for it, either as an independent TLP or as a part of
a larger community, but for now I think the main issue is to
re-activate the Graffito development and community to get back on
track for graduation.

> Jackrabbit could be a nice host community for at least part of the
> project (JCR mapping tool).
> I'm unsure how the rest of the CMS would fit into Jackrabbit.

It wouldn't. There are a number of uses for the object-content mapping
tool within the Jackrabbit community, but not that many for a specific
CMS framework.

BR,

Jukka Zitting