incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduating a part of an incubating project into an existing TLP
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:47:53 GMT
Hi,

On 9/12/06, David Nuescheler <david.nuescheler@gmail.com> wrote:
> If there is no precedent that we could align with, then we possibly
> could look at this particular case just like any other code contribution.
>
> Which would mean that the current committers would contribute
> their code to the Jackrabbit community and would then follow the
> normal path to become committers in the Jackrabbit community.

This is pretty much what I'd expect the process to look like from the
Jackrabbit point of view in any case. I'd like to combine the code
contribution and committership questions to a single vote since the
mapping tool developers have already demonstrated merit within the
Graffito community, but how to handle that in practice and how to
weight the Graffito merit is something for the Jackrabbit PMC to
decide.

Since the codebase in question is big enough it needs in any case to
go through the Incubator process, either as graduation or as IP
clearance. It sounds like your proposal combined with IP clearance as
suggested by Niclas is the best way forward.

BR,

Jukka Zitting