incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduating a part of an incubating project into an existing TLP
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:07:29 GMT
Hi,

On 9/12/06, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> Now, if the Graffito project were to grant the code to Jackrabbit, with
> no new committers joining Jackrabbit alongside the code, then you're
> talking about an IP clearance process, and, to my mind, it is pretty
> much the same as a project being donated code (without community) from
> outside the ASF.

No. As I wrote (emphasis added):

    "to move the codebase *and* to bring the mapping tool
    developers in as Jackrabbit committers"

The purpose is not to change who is actually working on the code, but
to bring the development into a community that probably has more
willing and able new users and contributors for the codebase in
question.

BR,

Jukka Zitting