incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Becoming a mentor of an already incubating project
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:29:49 GMT
Hi,

The process of becoming a mentor when a project starts incubation is
well known, but how does one step in as a mentor for a project that's
already incubating?

Two months back Raphaƫl Luta asked for help mentoring the Graffito
project and I, among others, volunteered. I already became an
Incubator PMC member and I've been working as an informal mentor
within the Graffito community, but I've yet to find out how to make my
role formal. I'd like to be formally recognized to for example start
maintaining the Graffito incubation status page (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GRFT-89).

The Incubation Policy document says:

    Upon acceptance by the Incubator PMC, the Mentor automatically becomes
    a member of the Incubator PMC.

Should I start a vote to get accepted as a Graffito mentor?

BR,

Jukka Zitting