incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept UIMA as a podling
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:49:39 GMT
On Sep 19, 2006, at 5:32 PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 9/19/06, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:
>> you're right.  Others have noted that our opening paragraphs are not
>> very clear.  We did however follow up with more explanation that
>> satisfied others on the list.  Are you saying that these further
>> explanations are still not clear, or that those explanations
>> should go
>> into the proposal itself (as opposed to a link from the Wiki)?
>
> Yes, those explanations should be folded into the proposal itself.
>
>> UIMA may not be the easiest thing in the world to explain, and I can
>> accept that our proposal doesn't do a very good job.  However, I do
>> believe that we address an important problem and can make an
>> interesting
>> contribution to Apache.  Making the first couple of paragraphs of the
>> proposal more understandable should be a surmountable problem.
>
> I hope so.  =)  -- justin

I'll delay a vote until you guys finish up the proposal based on the
mailing list discussion there was (Robert's new document might help
to further understand why that's important). I did make a mental note
(quite some time ago!) that I was basically +1 to this UIMA thing
after I was explained what it was in normal English.

LSD