incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject PPMCs [was Re: what are required for contributing to release management]
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:53:45 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> thinking about whether there's a need to wait to release until the
> PPMC is fully formed and representation of the podling committers.
>
> PPMCs are typically filled up relatively late in the process - towards
> graduation. (whether this is a good idea, i'm not sure.) if there are
> just mentors on the PPMC then i see no benefit in waiting until the
> PPMC is composed of a representation cross-section of committers
> before creating a release.
>
> - robert
Hiya,

Pardon my ignorance here, but can you elaborate or point me to docs on
how exactly the PMCs are formed? I know that the mentors from a project
are on it, but as for the rest of the committers I have heard
conflicting things. I have heard that you need to be voted on and I have
also heard that the all of initial committers ends up on the PPMC.
Obviously it can't be both and I can't find any real docs on it
(http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html is silent) either.

Cheers,
- Dan

--