incubator-general mailing list archives

From david reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: podcast on Jini
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:32:33 GMT
Jim Hurley wrote:
> Don't know if this is acceptable to send to this list -- so my
> apologies if I'm stepping in it here :-o    but I know some people
> on the list may not be that familiar with Jini and so I thought
> I'd recommend a recent series of podcasts that the JavaPosse
> is doing on Jini (and the computecycles.dev.java.net project -
> which utilitzes Jini). Van has a nice way of explaining things,
> and so if you like podcasts, this may be of interest to you:
>
> "Interview with Van Simmons about Jini and ComputeCycles"
>
>   * Part 1  (Sep 17):
>          <http://javaposse.com/index.php?post_id=131159>
>   * Part 2  (Sep  24):
>         <http://javaposse.com/index.php?post_id=133510>
>   * Part 3  (coming...)
>
> He also touches on our Jini Apache incubator Proposal, but is
> not intimate with the details of where we are in the process...
> so primarily just comments on how it's a "good thing"  :-)

Probably worth just pointing out that Rich Bowen and I do feathercast -
podcasts about the ASF and it's projects!

We've done one about Harmony already (and in fact hoping to catch up
with Geir to get a progress update in Autin) and incubator projects are
certainly fair game.

All you need do is contact us. Best address is
feathercastguys@feathercast.org. We interview over Skype if distance is
an issue or face to face when we can.

--
david