incubator-general mailing list archives

From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduating a part of an incubating project into an existing TLP
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:37:04 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 9/13/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> however IMO the IP clearance document should still be created and
>> committed so that it's easy to track the origins of the code.
>> questions about provinence can sometimes be raised years later and it
>> has sometimes proved difficult to track down old email discussions.
>> the document should be trivial but at least it'll be in the right
>> place in case anyone needs it down the line.
>

> Here's another case where I'm not seeing the IP clearance form either
> on our site.
>
> Was the Graffito clearance only faxed to Jim?  -- justin

Yes, I was not even aware of an IP form when this was done (I would
guess it probably didn't exist at that time).
The external base code was a simple software grant from a
single vendor. Everything else has been developed in SVN by existing
committers.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/