incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Podling Release Requirement (WAS: Re: [VOTE] Graduate Felix to TLP status)
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 03:00:37 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 9/13/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> personally speaking, i would not support the gradudation any project
>> that has not demonstrated that they understand the apache releases
>> policy. doing this is much easier and quicker than creating a proper
>> release. just nominate a release manager and post a compliant example
>> to the people.apache.org webspace using the current code base so that
>> it can be checked.
>
> +1 - though I would strongly like to see the community *vote* on the
> release because I see many ASF projects completely skipping that part
> nowadays.  -- justin

So how does Felix proceed now? Accept that the rules have just changed
on it, after spending some months under the view that a release _wasn't_
necessary to graduation, and go back and do something it would have done
months ago had it not been told to do otherwise?

Upayavira (who is expressing his frustration on behalf of all Felix folks)

P.S. Though expressed with some irony and irritation, it is in fact a
real question.