incubator-general mailing list archives

From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduating a part of an incubating project into an existing TLP
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:49:42 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 September 2006 17:07, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>
>>No. As I wrote (emphasis added):
>>
>>    "to move the codebase *and* to bring the mapping tool
>>    developers in as Jackrabbit committers"
>>
>>The purpose is not to change who is actually working on the code, but
>>to bring the development into a community that probably has more
>>willing and able new users and contributors for the codebase in
>>question.
>

> Hmmm... That is not for Incubator to decide. If you transfer the codebase to
> Jackrabbit, it is for the JackRabbit PMC to apply meritocracy-based
> acceptance of committers into JackRabbit TLP. I.e. it sounds to me that the
> most "natural" way forward is that JackRabbit PMC makes a proposal to the
> Incubator PMC for IP clearance of the said codebase, and then deal with the
> committership in their PMC.

Just to clarify things:
IP clearance into the ASF for the original submission is done and
dusted. All additionnal code has been developped and committed by
project committers with an iCLA on file so I would consider IP not
an issue here.

Discussions have already happened in both the Grafitto and the
Jackrabbit communities to "move" development of the JCR mapping
functionality into the Jaskrabbit community and the feedback seemed
positive on both ends.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/