incubator-general mailing list archives

From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduating a part of an incubating project into an existing TLP
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:41:14 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's recently been interest within both the Graffito and Jackrabbit
> communities to graduate a part of the incubating Apache Graffito
> project, an object-to-content mapping tool called Graffito JCR
> Mapping, into a part of the Apache Jackrabbit TLP. This move would
> both allow the Graffito project to better focus on the higher-level
> Graffito framework and bring the mapping tool development within the
> larger JCR developer community in the Jackrabbit project.
>
> I'd like to get feedback on how to best achieve this. Is there already
> an example on something like this having been done? Any good advice?

The original plan was to graduate Graffitto into Portals since the
orignial submission was strongly tied to Jetspeed.
Since then, the evolution of code and community make me feel that
Portals would *not* be the best home for Grafitto.
Jackrabbit could be a nice host community for at least part of the
project (JCR mapping tool).
I'm unsure how the rest of the CMS would fit into Jackrabbit.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/