incubator-general mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept UIMA as a podling
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:38:35 GMT
Damn, and I was going to give it +1.
UIMA folks answered questions about what it is that UIMA really does in emails, but yes, making
sure it's answered in the proposal (I can't connect to wiki.apache.org at the moment to see
the final proposal for myself).

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 5:11:13 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] accept UIMA as a podling

On 9/18/06, Ian Holsman <lists@holsman.net> wrote:

> [ ] +1 Accept UIMA as an Incubator podling
> [ ]  0 Don't care
> [X] -1 Reject this proposal for the following reason:

I'm sorry, but I have to vote -1 based on my new policy of rejecting
any potential podling that can't explain what it is that they do
within the first paragraph of the proposal.  I'm a fairly intelligent
person, but honestly I have no clue what "an architecture and software
framework for creating, discovering, composing and deploying a broad
range of multi-modal analysis capabilities" actually is, and I see
little potential for any project that's so bad at selling themselves
to actually grow a useful community.

Additionally, I believe we decided that having the final vote thread
point to a Wiki page was a bad idea.  It would be good to resend this
with the actual proposal content inline so everyone can be sure what
they're actually voting on.

-garrett