incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Graduating a part of an incubating project into an existing TLP
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:18:05 GMT
On Tuesday 12 September 2006 17:07, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> No. As I wrote (emphasis added):
>
>     "to move the codebase *and* to bring the mapping tool
>     developers in as Jackrabbit committers"
>
> The purpose is not to change who is actually working on the code, but
> to bring the development into a community that probably has more
> willing and able new users and contributors for the codebase in
> question.

Hmmm... That is not for Incubator to decide. If you transfer the codebase to
Jackrabbit, it is for the JackRabbit PMC to apply meritocracy-based
acceptance of committers into JackRabbit TLP. I.e. it sounds to me that the
most "natural" way forward is that JackRabbit PMC makes a proposal to the
Incubator PMC for IP clearance of the said codebase, and then deal with the
committership in their PMC.

Cheers
Niclas