incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Felix to TLP status (pending board approval)
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:34:10 GMT

So Felix never had a release?   I'm not an incubator PMC and thus my vote
doesn't count, but that would raise a red-flag to me.    A LOT of Apache
issues are usually worked out during the release process.

For example, I don't see anything in your build system that would add the
required LICENSE and NOTICE files to each of the Jars.

There are other "little" things like the top level readme not stating it's an
incubator project, no top level LICENSE/NOTICE things, version numbers not
reflecting incubator status, etc...

IMO, there is a lot of "cleanup" that occurs during the release process in the
incubator that is an important part of getting the project ready for
graduation.

Dan

On Tuesday September 12 2006 12:21 pm, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > On 9/12/06, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> >> The Apache Felix PPMC and community have voted to request graduation
> >> from the Incubator as a TLP.
> >
> > Has Felix ever issued a release?  I know that the latest status report
> > said that was planned, but I don't recall that happening.  -- justin
>
> Hi Justin,
>
> There was momentum for a release just a few weeks ago at which point
> people thought graduation was right around the corner.  However everyone
> agreed to focus more on IP vetting to release an issue free Felix 0.8.
> It all made sense with imminent graduation.
>
> Alex

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
IONA
P: 781-902-8727    C: 508-380-7194   F:781-902-8001
daniel.kulp@iona.com