incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Graduating a part of an incubating project into an existing TLP
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 02:55:12 GMT
On Tuesday 12 September 2006 05:52, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Would this work in terms of the Incubator policies? Do we need some
> other steps along the way, or can we streamline the process somehow?

No, this is not what incubation is about. You have two main goals to reach
before talking graduation;

 1. Clear out any IP issues.
 2. Show that the commnuity is healthy.

Your suggestion seems to indicate that you are looking at the 'stability'
or 'health' of the codebase, which has nothing to do with the Incubator. You
can manage that in the target project, by several ways.

I can also read in that you might be talking about "donating" parts of the
codebase to Jackrabbit. Again, I think the best way to proceed with that is
to aim high for graduation of Graffito and then worry about the "svn mv"
later.

Set the bar high, aim for graduation... ;o)

Cheers
Niclas