incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Pete Robbins" <>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Tuscany C++ Milestone 1 Release
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:42:18 GMT
The Apache Tuscany community is pleased to announce its first C++ milestone

You can download binary and source distributions from:

For further information, visit our web site at:

Tuscany C++ provides a C++  implementation of the Service Component
Architecture (SCA) and Service Data Objects (SDO) specifications.

For pointers to the specification documents, visit our documentation page

Tuscany is an effort undergoing incubation at the Apache Software Foundation
(ASF), sponsored by the Web Services PMC.

Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review

indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making
have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects.

While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
completeness or
stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully
endorsed by the ASF.

Release Summary

Tuscany SCA C++ provides a runtime implementation for the Service Component
Architecture 0.9 Assembly Model and
C++ Client and Implementation specifications.
Key features include:
- Module assembly using SCDL
- Support for C++ component implementation types
- Component interfaces described by C++ classes
- Axis2/C Web Service binding for EntryPoint and ExternalService
- Sample demonstrating wiring, service location and invocation between C++

Tuscany SDO C++ is an implementation of the Service Data Objects
2.0specification for C++ developers.
Key features include:
- Dynamic data object support
- Type loading from XSD Schema
- XML serialisation/deserialisation
- Helper classes (XMLHelper, XSDHelper,DataFactory, etc.)
- Simple example programs

Please feel free to send any feedback to our mailing lists:

Any contribution in the form of coding, testing, improving the
and reporting bugs is always welcome. For more information on how to get
involved with the development of Tuscany, visit our Get Involved page at:

Thank you for your interest in Apache Tuscany!