incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] approve the 4.0.2 release of ActiveMQ
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:17:01 GMT
> In accordance with the incubator release procedure (see below) the
> Apache ActiveMQ community has voted on and approved the 4.0.2 release
> binary.
>
> We would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to
> perform the release.

(i've only reviewed the source but it's late for me and i've found
some blockers so forgive me if i don't review the binary distribution
as well)

notes:

F5BA7E4F does not seem to be available from major pgp network
keyservers. see
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#keyserver-upload

the source downloads extracts to a folder called
incubator-activemq-4.0.2. this is the same as the folder to which the
binary distribution extracts to. it's more convenient for users if
these distributions unpack to different directories. it's conventional
to use   incubator-activemq-4.0.2-src.

blockers:

missing license headers from some of the files i checked at random
gives me concerns. for example:

maven-bundle-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/maven/BundleMojo.java

activemq-web-demo worries me: there are a lot of files without license
headers and some which have them were not created at the ASF (which is
ok but gives me concerns about the rest).

i would like to see the issue of licenses in the source tidied up
before this release ships. i haven't gone through every file but IMO
this needs to be done.

(we need a script or something to check for license headers)

- robert