incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Too many licenses? Was: [vote] Accept Glasgow
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 19:59:16 GMT
On 8/7/06, Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Yep -- it's been fun for me to watch us go back and forth on this as I
> try to advise people outside the ASF on what the best thing to do is
> (since every proposer I've run into really actually wants to do the
> most acceptable thing).

not so much herding cats as ballet dancing with a hurd of rogue elephants ;-)

> Robert actually touched on this issue here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html#template-affiliations,
> which ends with, "It's probably best to do this in a separate section
> away from the committers list."

just to let every one know that it's just a draft. my plan is to try
to edit the drafts until they seem ready (to those working on the
documentation) and then put them up for community review. if anyone
wants to lend a hand, they'd be more than welcome :-)

- robert