incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forming an ActiveMQ PPMC
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:32:24 GMT
On 8/16/06, Brian McCallister <brianm@apache.org> wrote:
> The ActiveMQ committers have decided to aim for TLP status (1), as
> such we need to get a PPMC in place. Thus far we have been working
> under a "committer votes all count" style (really, everyone's vote
> counts, it is on a public list without any of the "mine is binding"
> stuff that has become popular), so I would like to open the
> discussion of formalizing the PPMC as all current committers on
> ActiveMQ.

FWIW we've had a PPMC in place for some time ;) which was mostly the
committers plus anyone from Incubator/Geronimo PMCs who wanted to help
too. (Brian search your mailbox for activemq-ppmc or activemq-private
which is the latest name of the mailing list - I've seen at least 2
posts from you :)

So far we've had a few discussions on the PPMC lists, voted in our 2
new committers and discussed some code donations. Though we generally
try to always discuss things on the public lists - there tends to be
few things that need to be discussed privately.
--

James
-------