incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Specifications as (part of) ASF projects (was RE: Too many licenses? Was: [vote] Accept Glasgow)
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:03:50 GMT
Hi,

> dictates.  I would put forth a strawman that the "Editor" role is at least
> somewhat analogous to the "Release Manager" for code.  Either way, the
> deliverable still needs to be approved by the PMC.

Yes, either way the deliverable still needs to be approved by the PMC.
 That might be the important point.  However, let's keep the above at
strawman level, because there's a big difference: a release manager
does not modify other people's work (e.g. the code), only packages it.
 An editor does modify the work: an editor would need to commit his or
her modifications to the repository prior to calling a vote or
releasing a deliverable.

Yoav