incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Eelco Hillenius" <eelco.hillen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IRC Channel?
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:06:21 GMT
> A regularly scheduled IRC chat does work but if IRC is a key part of
> day-to-day execution then IMO that's a problem from the global
> perspective. Of course YMMV.

Just depends on the people. Many people on the Wicket channel use
Wicket for their day jobs and work on the OSS part in the evenings.
The team consists of people from the US and from different countries
(and time zones) in Europe, and we have regular users as far as New
Zealand, so I could safely say we cover all time zones :).

It's not that IRC has that much of an official status though. For the
real decision making we use mailing lists. But for the daily stuff,
IRC has been great.

Eelco