incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for a new incubation project: Unstructured Information Management Architecture - UIMA
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:29:41 GMT
On 8/26/06, Thilo Goetz <twgoetz@gmx.de> wrote:
>  From an application perspective, we have great hopes for a cooperation
> with the Lucene project.

Great, I think this is something I'd like to get involved in!
I've been thinking about how Solr integration could work.

> You then also need a search engine that
> can index that extra information and make it available for search.

Without getting into too much detail here, some info could be
immediately usable by Lucene based apps (like entity extraction, where
you can add info via a new field in the document).  Parts-of-speech
type of stuff is currently more difficult of course.

-Yonik