incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Gwyn Evans" <gwyn.ev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IRC Channel?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:02:02 GMT
On 16/08/06, Henning Schmiedehausen <hps@intermeta.de> wrote:
> Gee, now here is a sensitive subject. :-)
>
> IRC BTW is very flaky if you don't have good connection (as most people
> at AC currently experience). Mail is much better for that because it is
> not as volatile as IRC.

 Hmm, that's not universally true though - Over the last year or so,
SF mailing lists have have various /prolonged/ outages whereas
Freenode IRC has not (as far as I know).

>                                               IRC is a not a good
> thing if you want to have a community discuss decisions unless all
> developers are in the same time zone (and not even then).

  Strictly, "online at the same moment" rather than "in the same time zone".

/Gwyn
--
Download Wicket 1.2.1 now! - http://wicketframework.org