incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Wicket into the Incubator
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:37:57 GMT
Hi,

I am sure Wicket folks can give more detailed explanations but I want
to say that Wicket has the most elegant approach to web development I
have ever seen. Wicket (and may be other very similar ones) is the
only framework which seperates code and ui _truely_. Other projects of
course have their own advantages, say integration possiblities for
example, but Wicket is my choice.

And here is:

Wicket vs. Struts: http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Struts
and
Wicket vs. Tapestry:
http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/For_Tapestry_Users

And I like more code oriented approach of Wicket where UI is only UI.
This goes much better with the development cycle for me.

( and of course +1 (non-binding) )

Cheers,

--
Ersin