incubator-general mailing list archives

From robert.j.gr...@jpmorgan.com
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Glasgow into Incubator
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:27:31 GMT
So it would be fine if development had been funded by the public sector (in
the form of Glasgow City Council) but since it was funded by a private
organisation it's not ok?

Robert

|         |           "Danny Angus"    |
|         |           <danny.angus@gmai|
|         |           l.com>           |
|         |           04/08/2006 14:47 |
|         |           general          |

On 04/08/06, Gordon Sim <gordon.sim@virgin.net> wrote:
> Danny Angus wrote:
> > I think it is about time that we grew up and introduced a rule which
> > prevents words already used as proper nouns from being proposed as
> > project names unless there is some real and relevant on-topic
> > connection.
> Just by way of explanation, this name was proposed as (a) it is where
> the project began and (b) it is a port, which was felt to have a loose
> association with messaging. As a connection (a) is certainly real,
> though I can understand that the relevance of (b) might be viewed as
> rather tenuous.

If pressed I wouldn't think that those were good reasons, a) is just a
coincidence and b) is a pun.

A good reason would be that it had been funded by the city, or had
become associated with one if the city's institutions. like the GHC
and JAF.

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation
for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any
transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness
or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged,
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information
contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission
and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect
any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase
& Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising
in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact
the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
Thank you.