incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: Jini?
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 02:28:10 GMT

>> If Sun is going to do the trademark assignment, there is no difference.
>> We would have the trademark for the technology domain.  And if you take
>> into consideration the concurrent talk about specifications coming under
>> ASF practices, that would dovetail nicely.

> Sorry, I think it's a big difference.

No need to be sorry.  You're as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

And since you have posted, separately, your new proposal, I will join in
there.  The major difference here seems to be that you view Apache JINI as
analogous Apache JCP, Apache W3C, etc., whereas I see it as akin to Apache
JDO and Apache STDCXX.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: