incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Automating Report Reminders (and the Project Index)
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:02:48 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> How about we hook up to the little notification system used for
> reminding people to send in board reports?

Actually, I had asked Dave about that a month ago.  He's game:

> > See http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule, but it is just
like
> > normal Board reports.  Projects report monthly for the first quarter,
and
> > quarterly thereafter.
> >
> > Can you help?  :-)  How can we help you help us?  :-)

> All I need is a list of when the project should report and the email
> address to send the reminder to. If you can provide those in an
> accessible format then I'll send out reminders without a problem.

but I've had no time to pull together yet another XML file to maintain.  And
it would be nice if we could pull this meta-data together into one place for
generating what he needs as well as
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html and the "projects" menu,
both of which are out-of-date again, and are maintained separately.

Any volunteers to help straighten this out, and help make things more
automated and maintainable?

	--- Noel