incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Specifications as (part of) ASF projects (was RE: Too many licenses? Was: [vote] Accept Glasgow)
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:23:10 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > I would put forth a strawman that the "Editor" role is at least
> > somewhat analogous to the "Release Manager" for code.

> there's a big difference: a release manager does not modify other
> people's work (e.g. the code), only packages it.

The Release Manager would also be a Committer, and can therefore modify THE
work.  Not "other people's" work.  All work is OUR work, and all changes
approved by US.  Collectively, not individually.

> An editor does modify the work: an editor would need to commit his or
> her modifications to the repository prior to calling a vote or
> releasing a deliverable.

Only the PMC releases, not an Editor/Release Manager.  The lattter collects,
collates, modifies, redacts, edits, ...

	--- Noel