incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: Automating Report Reminders (and the Project Index)
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:14:20 GMT
david reid wrote:

> Where is the information you maintain presently?

The site is built from, and the specific
stuff that you'd be looking for is in multiple locations:

  Projects (one file per):

  Project menu for web pages:

Perhaps the latter could be populated from the former.

We used to use a different meta-data format, but everything was converted to
anakia.  The key issue is that people want to be able to just do:

  svn checkout site
  cd site

and have it work.

We also have IP Clearance docs, although I'd put integrating that at a lower
priority than managing meta-data for the projects.

> Now that projects.a.o has had a chance to settle it might be appropriate
> to review whether or not we index incubator projects.

It probably does make sense to index them, with appropriate branding.  There
are a lot of JSRs and other specifications whose implementations are going
through the Incubator, plus it would be helpful to see where the ASF has
multiple implementations (and users) of the same specification.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message