incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: IRC Channel?
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 03:35:13 GMT
Eelco Hillenius wrote:

> > > Hmm, that's not universally true though - Over the last year or so,
> > > SF mailing lists have have various /prolonged/ outages whereas
> > > Freenode IRC has not (as far as I know).
> > We don't use SF infrastructure.
> But ASF has had infrastructure outages the last year, just like
> codehaus and probably any other provider had.

Oh, please.  We've had a fraction of the outages experienced by either of
them, and if I take into account the number of times I have had network
splits, much less been unable to participate in real-time, on Freenode,
compared to the nicely asynchronous nature of e-mail, it isn't even a close
comparison.

	--- Noel