incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Hypothetical New Code Scenario...
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:54:16 GMT
> I want to add some code that I've developed outside of the
> ASF

> Does that code have to go through the incubator?

On the one hand, we did exactly that with contributions to the HTTP Server,
JAMES, and other projects.  On the other hand, you are contributing your own
code under your CLA, so one might fairly ask why it is different from any
other commit.  I suggest that since it is an existing corpus of work as a
new codebase, not as a contribution to an existing one (a "commons" is not a
codebase), that we record the IP, for which Justin has already provided the
instructions.

	--- Noel