incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [policy] incubating projects and maven repositories v1.0
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 03:31:47 GMT

On 27 Aug 06, at 10:26 PM 27 Aug 06, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Monday 28 August 2006 08:58, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>> Perhaps Maven can help by not allowing the transitive dependency on
>>> incubating projects? Just thinking out loud...
>>
>> If you can clearly see what you have in a report so I'm not sure we
>> would want to put any special rules in place to deal with artifacts
>> from incubator.
>
> Could that report be made part of the release:prepare and the
> release manager
> had to explicitly approve it??

How are we supposed to enforce that? And what if they are not using
Maven? Say using either the Maven Ant Tasks, or Ivy, or just an http
get to get artifacts from a repository.

> If so, then I'm totally cool with no other
> Maven adjustments to deal with incubating projects.

Generating the site is not part of a standard release, though it's
usually done as part of a release,  and I'm not sure how you're going
to enforce that for every possible project that might use something
from the incubator.

> Cheers
> Niclas

Jason van Zyl