incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Glasgow naming: proposal
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:09:18 GMT
Kim,

I am not an Incubator PMC member, but past experience over the last
few months shows that the name is not a barrier to entry for the
Incubator.    For example, ADFFaces is an incubating project with a
name trademarked by Oracle, and part of the incubating process has to
been to change that name to Trinidad.    The name "Glasgow" may or may
not need to be changed before graduation, but it is not going to
prevent starting incubation.

There's certainly some strong opinions being presented here, but the
naming issues deal more with graduation issues than incubator
acceptance issues.