incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <Jim.Hur...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Jini?
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 18:32:30 GMT
Hi Matthias-

Just to clarify the Jini area on (
the projects there are shared and/or collaborative works that
primarily build on the core infrastructure (that would be in the
Apache Jini project). Those projects include: tools, containers,
abstraction frameworks, integrations with other technologies, etc.
For the most part they are led and developed by individuals or
companies looking to share and leverage work within the Jini Community.

Most of these projects were on our CollabNet -based
site prior to it being decommissioned on June 30, 2006.

An overview of the overall Jini direction was outlined in a mail
to the Community in April. See the note and full thread at:

thanks -Jim

On Aug 7, 2006, at 12:22 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> I think they ended up at (see [1]). Last week or so I saw
> that and was wondering myself, b/c of the proposal here.
> -Matthias
> [1]

> On 8/7/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <> wrote:
>> So whatever happened to the Jini proposal?? I just remembered that
>> there
>> was a lot of discussion but don't recall the conclusion.
>> Sanjiva.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message