incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Glasgow into Incubator
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 02:02:28 GMT
On 8/4/06, Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course everyone should make their own minds about this after a
> careful reading of the threads  (and may see things differently),
> but....
>
> I wouldn't have agreed to champion the proposal if I had the sense
> there was not a commitment to create an open/transparent/meritocratic
> community around the project;

I'm certainly not going to argue with Cliff on this point, I'm sure he
has seen that commitment and thus can say that's what the people
bringing this proposal to us want to do, but personally, I don't have
that sort of insight into the situation at hand, I haven't had the
sort of interaction with the people involved that Cliff has, so all I
can base my opinion on is what's happened on this mailing list.

In any event, any questions I have about intentions regarding forming
open, meritocratic communities are only being raised because of the
relationship they have with the ability of new contributors to
participate in driving this specification.  The issues are
interconnected.

> nor would I, as a mentor, ever allow any project to move through
> incubation without actively working to create such a community.

I have no doubt that this is the case, and if I said anything that
implies otherwise I'm sorry.  I have a great deal of faith in Cliff as
a mentor, and I trust him to do the right thing with regard to
building communities at the ASF.

-garrett