incubator-general mailing list archives

From "J Aaron Farr" <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [rant] seperate policy change from proposal discussion
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 13:34:04 GMT
On 8/8/06, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:

> Perhaps we should try and seperate this somewhat more rigidly. Eg we
> could have a "released" version of all the things we want a project to
> do and/or comply with (this is our website) and we could have an
> "in progress" version of the same thing (this is what changes more
> rapidly). And *new proposals should be evaluated against the "released"
> one*.

+1

This is one of my biggest concerns -- the rapidly changing requirements.

This is easy enough to do as well.  The released version (with a
release number) is on the public website and the "in progress" version
could be on the wiki.  Proposals should include the version number
they were written against.

--
  jaaron