incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Greg Stein" <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Wicket into the Incubator
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:23:06 GMT
> Wicket vs. Struts: http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Struts

Bleh. That page confuses a lot of things. It conflates disparate
components (e.g. Struts and JSP) in order to form opinions. It appears
that Wicket also does state management "as a benefit" which I've
rarely found to be true (any state in your http server kills
scalability). And it somehow argues that Struts cannot handle multiple
components on a page because they all go to one response handler for
actions? Euh... seems each component would specify its own handler.

On a pro, it seems to talk smack about JSP. Good. On a con, it uses a
lot of buzzwords to try to demonstrate superiority. I don't know how
"Wicket is fully object-oriented. You work with hierarchies of
components and design your application as such. There is no need to
bend your oo design to fit with the request-response nature of the
HTTP protocol." will really help. The web *is* request/response.

Whatever. ETIMEOUT.

-0 (binding)

Cheers,
-g