incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [doc] are board resolutions ok for http://incubator.apache.org/official/...?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:30:32 GMT
On 8/29/06, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:
> Huh? Why? What kind of data is in there that needs to be private?
>
> You mean wait 9 months for a TLP to start operating? Or wait implementing new
> legal policies for about 6 months are they're ratifieid?

Huh?

The minutes are generally approved at the following month's board
meeting (yes, there are occasional exceptions).  But, until either the
minutes are approved by the Board or the Chairman explicitly permits
otherwise, I don't think the full text of the resolutions and their
accompanying votes should be posted on a public ASF website.  Once the
minutes are approved though, it's obviously fair game.

As I understood Robert, this had nothing to do with informing people
that "The Board created TLP X", but rather disclosing the full text of
the resolution for informational purposes.

I just don't see the cause for your angst here.  -- justin