incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Too many licenses? Was: [vote] Accept Glasgow
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 18:14:57 GMT
On 8/7/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> It's not complicated, folks.  ASF projects consist of individuals.  Adding
> company affiliations after each of the initial committers names suggests, to
> some, that the day they move on to another company their contribution to the
> project ends.  We understand why Cliff did so for himself (so that there would
> be no misunderstanding that he has a vested interest, bravo), but that this
> was propagated to the entire initial list of committers is very troubling.

No, including the affiliations is standard practice.  This is the only
way we can judge the diversity of the proposal.  If it's just names of
folks off the street and everyone works at the same company (and that
isn't disclosed), we have no way of estimating the true diversity of
the project.  -- justin