incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: Blaze and Openness of Standards (was Re: [Proposal] Blaze)
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 04:08:56 GMT
On Aug 1, 2006, at 11:36 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 12:36 -0400, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>> Brian,
>> Just as in JCP, OASIS or W3C the real work happens on private
>> channels,
>> that said we are in
>> the process of creating public pages, from which to link user and
>> feedback lists for anyone to
>> read, access and interact with the working group.
> Correction: W3C working groups do *all* technical work in public
> mailing
> lists that are open to all.
> That change occurred probably 5+ years ago.

Umm, I don't think so.  As a TAG member, I encountered many discussions
that were in members-only areas, and they are still going on (XML
for example).  The TAG would refuse to participate in any such
which often required permissions be obtained to move comments from a
private forum to a public one.  W3C decisions are all made in public.
Maybe you are referring to working groups that have been initiated in
the past five years?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message