incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <Jim.Hur...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Jini : Separate Governance and Implementation Projects
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:32:58 GMT
On Aug 15, 2006, at 12:50 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
:
> For example, what if we created jini-spec@i.a.o and jinn-
> dev@i.a.o?  Forget
> the question of "how many podlings" --- I am simply talking about a
> list
> related to specification work, and a list related to implementation.
>
> Is that a starter?  And if we have them both under a single podling to
> start, and we see how it goes, does that work for you?

Separate mailing lists for source code development and API/spec
discussions seems reasonable.  Some developers in the Community
might be interested in the details on how the impl work is going, and
others
might be only interested in API -related proposed changes. I think
that would
work fine for us.

thanks -Jim