incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Larry Cable" <lca...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Blaze and Openness of Standards (was Re: [Proposal] Blaze)
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:12:27 GMT

If "Apache" is acceptable for the name of this organization then
I see no reason to waste anyone else's time on a rather pointless debate
regarding the appropriateness of naming this project 'Glasgow' or not.

FYI, as a point of historical interest (and it's not that interesting),
purely as a 'comment' on the Microsoft practice of naming their O.S
releases after cities, we named a couple of releases of JavaBeans
'Glasgow' and 'Edinburgh', mostly because Graham Hamilton and I were
from Scotland.

Regards

- Larry Cable
by email and then delete it.