incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IRC Channel?
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:29:04 GMT
Hi,

On 8/17/06, Eelco Hillenius <eelco.hillenius@gmail.com> wrote:
> If ASF is about people rather than procedures as is regularly stated,
> a discussion about IRC in open development should be more about 'how'
> and in the context of individual projects than simply denouncing the
> technology altogether.

+1

I think a key question in the "how" category is how to make IRC (or IM
in general) discussions easily accessible to people "who weren't
there" or who want to go back and check what was discussed. If this
question is solved, I see no reason not to embrace IM more, but as of
now I don't see any good solutions around. Plain IRC logs are clearly
not the answer as pointed out by Geir and others.

BR,

Jukka Zitting