incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <>
Subject Re: Jini : Separate Governance and Implementation Projects
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:46:22 GMT

On 8/15/06, Bob Scheifler <> wrote:
> But I'm not sure it matters at this point whether we agree on how
> to interpret success or failure in the past.

Agreed. I'm sorry for bringing the issue out in that light.

> I'm not convinced the goal in the past was to have multiple
> implementations, vs allowing multiple implementations.

I think the interpretation of this goal underlies both the naming and
standard issues. In essence, does the Jini community see the project
being proposed as *the* Jini implementation or as *a* Jini

Jukka Zitting

Yukatan - -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: