incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <>
Subject Re: Jini : Separate Governance and Implementation Projects
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:48:32 GMT

On 8/14/06, Bob Scheifler <> wrote:
> I'm extremely reluctant to start out with two podlings.
> I'm not sure what "governance" you have in mind beyond the spec process,
> but I don't believe we have sufficient commitments from people to keep
> an equivalent of the existing Jini community standards process going
> forward.  I think our best shot at success is a single podling, which
> maintains both specs and code under a single development process.

If it becomes more evident that a cleaner spec/impl divide is needed,
then that can be handled during incubation when everyone has a better
understanding of the issues. For now I think it makes more sense to
bring the existing community in as it exists instead of artificially
splitting it based on external requirements.

Jukka Zitting

Yukatan - -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: