incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [policy] incubating projects and maven repositories v1.0
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:34:18 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>> If it comes to a VOTE, i'd vote -1 on automatic syncing of incubator
>> artifacts to maven central repo.
>
> I would -1 it as well.
>
> The idea behind a separate repository was to make it very explicit to
> the user that they are fetching stuff from the Incubator.  This
> strikes me as an end-run around that policy...  -- justin

Well it can be run around right now too. I as a user of an incubating
project can request that a jar be uploaded to ibiblio. The incubator and
ibiblio policies are distinct. Unless the incubator can enforce policy
on the Ibiblio/Maven project for them to police the artifacts, they can
currently be redistributed on Ibiblio, it is just an extra pain for me
as a user.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse