incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for a new incubation project: Unstructured Information Management Architecture - UIMA
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:57:10 GMT
Hi Brian -

Yes, this is the framework that we discussed when you visited the
Hawthorne Research lab a couple of years ago.  It has grown since then,
both in the number of users and in the components that "plug-in".  And,
you're right, it did originally grow out of a real need to bring
together the researchers working in this field, and allow them to
benefit by being able to easily build on each other's work.

-Marshall