incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Setting up a Maven 2 repo Was: Maven 2 repo for incubating project releases?
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:30:50 GMT
Yeah, I find this a bit confusing too. The ibiblio repository
distribution policy is unrelated to Apache's. No one is making any
claims on ibiblio about  the licensing (other than its freely
distributable)/community/etc - I mean, come on, there are sourceforge
binaries on there! :-)

Also, Guillaume makes a good point, anybody create upload requests for
ibiblio. Why couldn't I go make an upload request for any of the
incubating projects? You don't have to be a project coordinator to get
jars uploaded. It only needs to be a freely distributable binary.

I'm +1 to creating the repositories and its a very necessary first step,
but I think things should go further.

- Dan

Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> What is the real purpose of such a repository if it is not synced to
> ibiblio ?
> What if a user of an incubating project create an upload request ?
> There's no reason why Apache internal policies would affect such a
> request.
> AFAIK, Ibiblio repository is not owned by the ASF ...
>
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>> +1

>>> Pinging on this to make sure the Incubator is happy with the idea
>>> before I set it up.
>>>
>>> Hen

>> Jason van Zyl
>> jason@maven.org