incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bob Scheifler <Bob.Scheif...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Jini : Separate Governance and Implementation Projects
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:03:52 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> I could go add that to the website if that would help.  We're not a
> legalistic community where exploiting loopholes or lack of written law
> is encouraged...

Sorry, it was meant as a simple question.  It's extremely hard for
a newcomer like me to distinguish between personal opinions, traditions,
norms, and requirements.

You said "we have a tradition, for good reason". Could you elaborate
on the reason?

> Let me try to illustrate it this way - would you be interested in
> bringing what you have to the ASF if there already was a project called
> "Apache Jini"?

Absolutely!  If there was already a project called Apache Jini,
I think we'd be proposing to become part of it.

Of course, as the guy who called it X, you might also decide that
I don't worry too much about names. ;-)

- Bob